Monday, May 31, 2010

On the seventh day, God rested.

On the 702nd day, Clare rested.

Let me set the scene for you:

First of all, I carried a purse today instead of a diaper bag (which eventually got so full I had to turn it in for an overnight bag).

Met Annie at the Poplar Springs Spa in Casanova. Everybody in VA should go. It's lovely. I had a fantastic massage (seriously, I don't even normally like spa type massages that don't make me hurt like Angie {The Right Touch} or Dagmar in Dallas. They just frustrate me. But this girl was awesome---relaxing but also worked out some kinks.) Annie had her facial and then we switched people. I got my eyelashes tinted which I L.O.V.E.! And let me just say this. I have been a big fan of facials ever since I started going to Robyn Straza in Dallas. She is amazing. Seriously. But the last time I had a facial from her was right before my wedding. I looked pretty good back then. But lately I look in the mirror and feel the need to put makeup on just to look at myself. Bad sign. My skin just looked way too pale (not in a cool Twilight way) and tired and dull. I have to say, it looks way better now.
Then we had lunch and ordered way more than any other spa person. They asked later if we needed anything boxed up. Um...nope. Next came a coconut body scrub and a pedicure with super cute pink polish. I feel girly, which is refreshing. In between each session, Annie and I met up in the spa lounge to debrief. And at the end of our day, we ordered a glass of champagne and sat by the pool. Our package was called the Beauty Bliss package...it so was.

I came home to James naked in a water trough on our front lawn yelling, "MOMMMYYYYY!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment