Thursday, October 17, 2013

On the Road Again...

Most of my blog posts should have a theme song. I wish it could play in the background while you read. Then you'd really be in my head for a while.

For the past few days, Like a Virgin has been playing in my noggin nonstop.

You're welcome.

Anywhoooooo....we are...on the road again. Literally. On our way down to Lynchburg, VA to The Rimland Center. The NNY Autism Center I guess dismantled their out of state patient care due to state restrictions or something. It's a bummer because I was really hoping we were done with expensive deposits and new dr visits, endless paperwork, explaining The Story, and terrorizing James. But alas, no such luck.
On the plus side, I'm pretty excited about this place. If we had known what we were doing...at any time in the past few years, this is where we would have gone. But since James isn't autistic, we didn't know where to look. They have a biomedical approach to neurodevelopmental issues. AND they work closely with a nutritionist who's cookbook I've been using for a long while now. I'm sure we will need more bloodwork and who knows what, not to mention more visits, but at least it's only 3 hours away instead of 9....winning!
Also, this is James's 3rd day of a cold with a fever, where usually you should see a doctor....but I haven't taken my kids to a traditional medicine doctor in over a year, because they actually haven't needed it and also because I'm tired of explaining myself. So it's nice that we happen to be going to a doctor today to get him checked out.

On another note, last week we got an invite to a picnic at Robert and Luciana Duvall's farm, which is about a mile from the barn.



The kids were a good excuse to have our picture taken. But in reality, we should have had them take the picture of us cause they haven't seen Lonesome Dove, so they didn't understand the coolness of Augustus McRae.







No comments:

Post a Comment