Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's the little things in life!

I'm relaxing this evening with a fabulous glass of wine, even though there are a ton of dishes in the sink and James isn't in bed yet. And there are a stack of bills on either side of the computer taunting me. And I miss my sister terribly ( www.thelongwayaway.blogspot.com ). We were supposed to have a dinner party tonight, but we actually got snowed out, or in--depending on how you look at it. I actually made a very simple dinner, but when you have a kid who doesn't sleep without you (and without sleeping, doesn't eat), these things take all day. So I, literally, spent all day barefoot in the kitchen. The great thing about today was that Tom was home all day because of the raging snowstorm, so I never had that 'I'm not paying attention to my kid' guilt. I fed James and took care of naptime, and Tom played with him/therapied him in between. But I was still in the kitchen all day instead of hanging at the spa so.......still not really a day off. HOWEVER, dinner was fantastic. I even made dessert. Granted, I made 8 of them, but that just means breakfast, lunch, and dinner are done for tomorrow. And everything turned out AMAZING!! AND Tom is now giving James a bath and will clean up the kitchen while I put him to bed. It does help that I married an amazing man (clearly, we're having a good day).

Hopefully tomorrow I'm feeling just as positive and oblivious to our plight. I think I'm enjoying my wine a little too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment