Wednesday, November 28, 2012

In the spirit of Thanksgiving

Despite stress and different things weighing on me at different times, I have so much to be thankful for right now. For starters, we could have lost our little boy again this summer, and not only is he still with us, but he's truly thriving for the first time. It requires a lot of daily work for that to happen, but at least we are seeing overall payoff. That's enough to give me hope.
This summer was another rough one, and I'd like to give a special shout out to everyone who supported us, and of course the same for those who have been with us for the past 4.5 years. I experienced help from some truly spectacular people. People who dug through my disastrous desk to find medical records and overnighted them to the hospital in Dallas because that is shockingly faster than they could figure out if they could email. The rifling through toy boxes to find the one special airplane and, again, overnighting it so we could see our little boy's eyes light up. Countless supportive texts messages and phone calls and funny additions to the line of family group texts. Visits from old friends and friends I'd never even met at the hospital, and those gifts that James still treasures when so many other toys and books have fallen off the radar. The care packages and socks I still wear and love. Egg collecting from demon chickens, watering cattle, riding horses, offers to actually take all our horses into training with no doubt you would actually do it!
The manic gluten free-edness (it's a word), the wine, the bubbles, the babysitting, and the endless understanding and driving at least 45 minutes to visit us because sometimes just getting in the car is too much.
You all know who you are and I will never be able to repay what you mean to me.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment